We explore the rugged landscape of Galicia, north west Spain, during winter, driving through pine and eucalyptus forests before ascending into snowy mountain peaks. Canyons offer beautiful vistas carved out by the Rio Minho dotted with small hermitages that appear inaccessible, unless you’re Ardent and have a 4×4!
This is a great trip which can be a challenge due to weather conditions – in the mountains snow is highly likely, and due to the position of Galicia on the west coast of Spain, high levels of rainfall can make other tracks a bit sticky – but that’s just how we like it!!
- High mountains with stunning views
- Snow and ice on the high passes at this time of year can make for a challenging and exciting drive
- The surreal landscape of forest laid bare by fires in 2017
- Visit Fisterra, for many years considered to be the end of the world
- Travel along coastal roads which cling to the mountainside above the crashing waves
- A chance to drive on the beach and ride the dunes!
- We’re with you all the way from Portsmouth until your return to the UK
- We organise everything for you so you don’t have to
- Lead by professional 4×4 instructors with expert knowledge of routes
- Fully equipped lead vehicles to ensure you and your vehicle stay safe”
- Accommodation and breakfast
- Driver and one passenger
- Ferry Portsmouth to Santander
- Professional instructors in fully equipped lead vehicles
- All paperwork, including border control documents
- Expert route knowledge